Shelby American Inc., has claimed that they would create one package for 2012 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake will be presented at the 2011 New York International Auto Show. 2012 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake comes with a supercharged V8 engine with a capacity of 5.4 liters, which is set to pump more power than 750 hp and 590 ft / lbs of torque. This indicates that the Shelby American is serious in doing this.
Super Snake Like previous models, the latest version will of come with a host of other upgrades Including a sport suspension system, six-piston Baer brakes, Borla exhaust system, Alcoa 20-inch wheels, fiberglass hood and more.
The base Super Snake that was first introduced in 2008 offered 605 hp with an option for up to 725 hp. In 2010, the power increased to 750 hp and for the 2012 Ford Shelby GT500 the optional Shelby/Kenne Bell tuning is touted to offer around 800 hp on pump gas.
Upgrades include Borla exhaust system, sport suspension system, Baer six-piston brakes, Alcoa 20-inch wheels, optional two tone leather interior as well as unique fiberglass hood that features classic Shelby design and pins.Further, the vehicle will also have the Shelby signature Super Snake stripes in either matte black or matte white, “Shelby” lettering across the rear deck lid, “Super Snake” vehicle badges and official Shelby CSM interior plate and Shelby signature embroidered headrests, floor mats and other Shelby designed components.
Only a limited number of Super Snakes are destined to be made and will be available to customers from May 1. Also, the Shelby GT500 Super Snake is legal in 50 states, for under $100,000 (price inclusive of the Shelby Super Snake package and the GT500 base vehicle).Other vehicles on display are the limited edition 2012 Shelby GT350 coupe and convertible. Further, the 2012 model year car is offered in two new body colors namely Race Red and Kona Blue.
Needless to say, we’re all gearing up for the New York Auto Show, especially for the unveiling of this American icon. Pricing wasn’t announced, but the 2012 Shelby GT500 Super Snake–which will be street legal in all 50 states–will cost less than $100,000.
The 2012 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake post title package includes:
- Ford Racing handling pack including dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars and front strut tower brace
- An optional Shelby / Eibach handling pack is available
- 6-speed manual transmission with 3.73:1 rear axle ratio and short-throw shifter
- The standard tune upgrades power to over 750 HP and 590 ft./lbs. of torque
- Optional Shelby / Kenne Bell 800 horsepower tune on pump gas
- Borla exhaust system
- Shelby-designed Alcoa 20-inch wheels in durabright or anthracite
- Forged Shelby / Baer brakes with 6 piston calipers and cross drilled / vented rotors
- Front brake cooling ducts and behind the door side scoops
- Unique fiberglass hood featuring classic Shelby design and pins
- Shelby signature Super Snake stripes in either matte black or matte white
- “Super Snake” vehicle badges and official Shelby CSM interior plate
- “Shelby” lettering across the rear deck lid
- Optional two tone leather interior
- Shelby signature embroidered headrests, floor mats and other Shelby designed components